*This blog post is sponsored by Gutsy Kombucha
Hi loves, today I’m going to be sharing 5 summer cocktail recipes that are all inspired by Gutsy Kombucha! If you’ve read my previous blog post, you know that I love the benefits of Kombucha (If you haven’t, click here).
So I thought about creating some tasty summer drinks with my new favourite ‘health aid’. Below are five fun and easy cocktail recipes that I’ve created and now love. They’re my go-to summer drinks to make – and making drinks has become a new favourite little hobby of mine.
All of the drinks use Quebec based alcohol (#SupportLocal) as well as Gutsy Kombucha, which is made and bottled in Montreal. A lot of these ingredients are easily substitutable, meaning that you can personalize your own as you go (if that’s your Preference)!
Gutsy Kombucha gives these cocktails such a nice extra something that I was pleasantly surprised by. If you try any of these out, let me know what you think of them! I’ve put a twist on some original and classic cocktails that everyone likes the reach for in the summertime!
*All products will be linked!
The Moscow Mule
This drink is one of my favourites and is super easy to make (ginger lovers, this drink is for you). All I’ve done is replace the ginger beer with Gutsy’s Ginger kombucha – which tastes like pure and fresh ginger!
What You’ll Need: (Per serving)
- Fill cup halfway with ice cubes
- 2 parts Vodka (I used Pur Vodka)
- 4-6 parts chilled ginger flavoured Gutsy Kombucha (Add generously for the ginger taste)
- 1-2 parts freshly squeezed Lime Juice
- Splash of club soda
- Optional: Add and dress drink with limes wedge, wheels or berries
Rum & Cardamom Twist
This drink is surprisingly amazing and refreshing. The rum used in this recipe (Chic Choc Rum) is now my all-time favourite rum. Bye-bye Captain Morgan. This drink is inspired by the founder of Gutsy Kombucha, as he himself likes to mix the Cardamom flavoured kombucha with spiced rum.
What You’ll Need: (Per Serving)
- 2 parts spiced rum (depending on how strong you like your drink, you can add more – Chic Choc has a subtle flavour)
- Half a can of chilled Gutsy’s Cardamom flavoured Kombucha
- 1 part freshly squeezed lemon (this really makes it a summer drink!)
- Optional: Add lemon wheels or wedges to your drink (so it’s photo ready obviously)
Passionfruit Aperol Spritz
I love a good aperol spritz in the summertime. I don’t think it’s the same without it. Which is why I had to include a variant of this recipe in the blog post for you guys. This one is also special because it features Gutsy Kombucha’s latest flavour release: Passionfruit!
What You’ll Need (Per Serving)
- 2 parts aperol (I used Amermelade)
- 3 parts Prosecco or Cider – I suggest Cidre Lacroix)
- 3 parts passionfruit flavoured Gutsy Kombucha
- Dress cocktail with an Orange wheel
- Optional: Add 1 part blood orange soda for a mix of flavours!
*Fun Fact: The carbonation from Kombucha which is due to its fermentation process, lends as a substitute for club soda
Hibiscus Gin Sour
It’s about to get all fancy up in here! This drink takes the most time to make in terms of prep, and even still it takes about 5 minutes to make for you and a friend. The gin used in this recipe is a reduced alcohol gin, meaning it’s less concentrated. Although it makes room for amazing notes of cucumber, rosemary, basil and mint. It’s heavenly and made locally in Montreal.
What You’ll Need: (Per Serving)
- 1 1/2 parts Gin ( I used Jardin Verde)
- 4-6 parts Hibiscus flavoured Gutsy Kombucha
- 3/4 of an ounce of fresh squeezed lemon
- 1/2 of an egg white for the frothy layer on top (optional)
*Instructions: Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Pour into serving glasses over a strainer and enjoy!
I really enjoy the taste of this cocktail and its also the perfect for a hot summer day by the pool. I’m a true rosé lover so creating this cocktail was super fun for me! Also turns out that Quebec makes a lot of great wines and I was able to discover them through researching for the perfect wines.
What You’ll Need: (4 Servings)
- 1 bottle of rosé (I used Coteau Rougemont Versant 2019)
- 2 parts vodka (I used Pur Vodka)
- 1 can (355 ml) of raspberry flavoured Gutsy Kombucha
- 4 parts raspberry simple syrup
*For the simple syrup: Use 2 parts granulated sugar and one part water – Heat water and add in the sugar and wait until the sugar is dissolved. Let it sit and cool then store in mason jar. Add your berries and let it sit overnight in the fridge. You can leave the simple syrup in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
*Instructions: Combine all ingredients into a blender with half of the blender filled with ice cubes. Blend until you get a slush consistency and serve!