Hello everyone, today on the blog I’ll be talking about facial oils. Facial oils are not extremely hyped in the beauty realm of reviews, however they are amazing for your skin. I’ll tell you what they can do for your skin, the different types that I use, and why they are worth investing in!
Some may think it to be a tad excessive to apply oils to your face, but its benefits couldn’t be better! This is even great for those who have oily skin. If you have an overproduction of sebum it is likely because you are not moisturizing enough. If you apply rich moisturizers, like facial oils, it will counteract the overproduction of sebum, due to the fact that your skin will realize that it already has too much oil on its surface.
Without further ado, let’s get right into the good stuff!
This contains olive oil in it, though it is mainly a balm. It melts on your face like an oil because it is so rich in natural ingredients! It is an all purpose skin-healing balm that I swear by. I put this on after my facial oil and moisturizer every night.
Olive oil, what is it good for?
- Gives antioxidant protection against free radicals and premature aging, when applied topically to the skin! One vitamin that helps deliver these benefits is vitamin E.
- Vitamin E softens, smooths, and has healing properties.
- Olive oil doesn’t clog pores! You heard it here, it penetrates through the skin’s barriers and cleanses.
*Ingredients: Olive Oil, Bees Wax, Honey, Bee Pollen, Royal Jelly, Bee Propolis (organic and cruelty free!)
Pearlessence Rosehip Balancing Facial Oil:
This product contains two oils that are great for your skin: Soybean oil and rosehip fruit oil. I use this every night after I put on my Ole Henriksen Truth Serum. It goes on lightly and doesn’t take long for your skin to drink it all up. I do add a little more moisturizer from Origins afterwards, but this is my main moisturizer of choice. Overall, it is an oil that helps target all kinds of skincare concerns.
Soybean oil benefits
- Full of fatty acids like triglycerides. This fatty acid is full of replenishing properties that are similar to collagen production, they can make your skin look healthy and naturally plump. It also helps retain moisture.
- Moisturizes and softens skin.
- Soy itself, is purposed to help tighten skin and firm out wrinkles.
Rosehip fruit oil, why does everyone rave about it?
- Hydrates skin.
- Contains all fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants that your skin needs to get rid of dark spots.
- Targets scars and fine lines!
*Ingredients: Soybean oil, Rosehip fruit oil, Tocopherol (a form of Vitamin E), Fragrance.
Pure Youth Activating Oil:
This little ray of sunshine in a bottle is purely magical. After I started using the product I knew that it would become a staple in my skincare routine. I speak more of my first impressions of the product in my last blog post: Your Skin’s New AM Friends: Caffeine, Ginseng, and Rosehip Oil. This product also contains rosehip, like the Pearlessence balancing oil. Aside from the wonders of rosehip, the Youth Activating Oil also contains tangerine peel oil and lemongrass oil.
Tangerine peel oil, you can also use it in your skincare routine? (besides its presence in various wellness and essential oil brands it is also present in skincare products!)
- It smells divine
- Has anti fungal and antiseptic properties, which makes it perfect to help treat acne and scarring.
Lemongrass oil benefits
- Leaves skin glowing because of its astringent and healing properties
- Helps balance the tone of your skin
*Ingredients: Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Fruit Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Tocopherol, Cymbopogon Flexuosus (Lemongrass) Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol.
(This product is Vegan!)
These are all oils that are worth investing in. Not only are they good products for the spring season as our skin will be adjusting to the warmer weather, but they will also transform your skin for the better.
I remember, before investing in a few good products, my skin was out of whack and it seriously took a tool on my self esteem. Whether or not your skin is an issue it also important to take care of yourself.
Disclaimer: All of these products were purchased with my own money, and these are my true opinions about these products, alongside factual skin benefits.